You can download the latest firmware software update here: Firmware 1.2.2
How to Update Software
At Arometrix, we strive to tailor-make all of our products to our customers desired needs and wants. As we advance our algorithms, add features, fix bugs, etc., we release new software that makes the Fraction Finder more cohesive, useful, and user-friendly. Now, if you own a Fraction Finder, you can download our latest, free Firmware update to your software in the field. We welcome any feedback on our updates.
Warning: You should do these steps far in advance before using the Fraction Finder (~5-10 minutes)
1) Download the .fff file from the top of this page. Copy the Fraction Finder Firmware (.fff) file to a USB flash drive.
2) Turn off the Fraction Finder.
3) Plug the flash drive into the USB port on the bottom of the Fraction Finder.
4) Turn the Fraction Finder on.
5) After the initial boot screen, you should see a Firmware updater screen appear on it. You will see the text pop up saying things like authenticating and extracting the firmware. You will notice that it will relatively quickly hit 41%, then it won’t update at all for about 10 minutes. This is normal, and should not be considered bad. DO NOT UNPLUG THE FLASH DRIVE UNTIL STEP 7. This can cause your system to become corrupted and unrecoverable unless it is shipped to Arometrix.
6) After the firmware update, you should see the software boot up as normal.
7) Unplug the flash drive from the Fraction Finder.
8) Delete the .fff file from the flash drive. If you don’t, and you plug it in, on boot up, it will try to update the firmware again, causing you to have to go through this entire procedure.
Software Change Log
- 50 years ago Additions Saving for integration time, scans to average, and autointegration status
- 50 years ago Additions Collapsable information panel on home screen
- 50 years ago Additions A permanent large Autoscale button on the bottom of plots.
- 50 years ago Additions Wavelength selection now contains a dropdown menu that users can select presets. These presets will populate the wavelength region. Users can then customize those regions.
- 50 years ago Additions Default button on wavelength selection lets users reset from custom selections
- 50 years ago Additions Support for higher resolution Fraction Finder devices
- 50 years ago Additions Memory space information pane with settings and the ability to clear data
- 50 years ago Additions A memory usage bar at bottom of the screen
- 50 years ago Removals Second logo on top bar removed
- 50 years ago Removals Removed “ArometriX Inc.” text at bottom to make room for memory readout
- 50 years ago Changes Toggling between displays on home screen now only uses one button
- 50 years ago Changes "Wavelength" on home screen is now "Region"
- 50 years ago Changes "Intensity" is now "Value"
- 50 years ago Changes Wavelength tracker on homescreen now displays abbreviation of indicator
- 50 years ago Changes Dragging finger on plot now zooms instead of pans
- 50 years ago Changes Autoscale now scales to the detector limit and not more
- 50 years ago Changes Clock settings panel has an updated look
- 50 years ago Changes Eyeball icon is now a checkbox
- 50 years ago Changes Splash Screen is now Dr. Distiller
- 50 years ago Changes Legend now says “Region” instead of "wavelength"
- 50 years ago Changes Wavelength plot only updates every three seconds to improve GUI responsivity
- 50 years ago Changes New look and feel for skin
- 50 years ago Changes Maximum number of data points to be plotted on wavelength panel reduced from 20,000 to 5,000
- 50 years ago Changes Wavelength tracking panel only samples every 6 seconds
- 50 years ago Changes Icons for buttons changed
- 50 years ago Fixes Data transfer will now transfer zip file of data that has been saved to system
- 50 years ago Fixes System is now more responsive under long processes
- 50 years ago Changes Server explicitly formats timestamp with micros and stores String rather than Datetime
- 50 years ago Changes Changed references to from “Exposure” to "Integration"
- 50 years ago Fixes Fixed ValueError when timestamp doesn’t have partial seconds
- 50 years ago Additions Auto-integration feature
- 50 years ago Additions Database transfer utility
- 50 years ago Additions Firmware version number indicator on bottom indicator bar
- 50 years ago Removals
- 50 years ago Changes Increased information tab width to prevent window resizing during acquisition
- 50 years ago Changes All time units are now in microseconds
- 50 years ago Changes Dynamic timeout to prevent system timeout on long acquisitions
- 50 years ago Fixes Light on indicator now turns green when the light is on and red when the light is off (on the Fraction Finder Sensor)
- 50 years ago Fixes Format all text labels to match size and font
- 50 years ago Fixes Fix scans to average not updating unit integration time was set
- 50 years ago Fixes Fixed sensor not reconnecting if sensor was not initially plugged in
- 50 years ago Fixes Partial fix for database corruption